Not sure how I feel right now. Definitely glad to have a First Draft. Now I have a real clear roadmap as to what I want this story to be. I don’t have a specific revision plan for it yet, but here are some general steps:
- Let it rest for a few weeks at least.
- Formulate a plan for revision.
- Identify all areas requiring further research.
- Send it to a couple alpha readers (mostly family) for revision ideas.
- Research screenplay format so I can present the best screenplay I can (I kinda winged it).
- Try to acquire more family stories to add more authenticity to it. Sometimes it’s the small details that matter.
Next week I’ll post some analysis of how I felt about screenplay story structure and how well I thought it worked. But for now I just want to sit back and enjoy my accomplishment.